Our Ethos and Values
World’s End Junior School actively encourages its children to become caring, hardworking, creative and successful citizens of the future.
- We offer equal opportunities to all members of the school community.
- We celebrate and respect each other’s differences.
- We have high expectations and ambitions for our children.
- We value all parties’ opinions in decision making.
- We value the contributions of all stakeholders to continually improve standards and outcomes for our children.
- We value the community and continue to build upon strong relationships.
The Aims of the School
- To have happy children
- To foster a love of learning
- To nurture children’s self-esteem, resilience and independence
- To ensure the whole school community achieves their full potential
- To work in partnership with families to ensure the best possible outcomes for our children
- To provide a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum
- To ensure the safety and well-being of the school community
- To provide an understanding of and encourage a healthy life style
- To promote equal opportunities for everyone in the community
- To promote and celebrate a culture of respect and tolerance
- To respect and value different cultures and beliefs in our local and global community
- To cultivate a climate of collaboration
- To prepare children for their future economic well being
- To help all children to become computer literate, enabling them to succeed in a rapidly changing world
- Listen to and follow instructions
- Treat everybody with respect
- Try to settle arguments peacefully
- Take good care of all property and our environment
- Play where it is safe and where an adult can see us
- Move around the school quietly and calmly
- Ensure that you are focused on upon your learning and that you support others in focussing upon their learning
These rules are constantly discussed during assemblies and in PSHE lessons and permeate throughout the school.